Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Thing 12

I'm not sure if the amount of social media networking that I have been utilising in the past few months had anything to do with CPD23 or was more coincidental with other things that have been happening in my life, but I have been 'networking' more.
I think CPD23 gave me a push to 'be out there' a bit more than I probably would have. And there was some serendipitous timing involved as well.
I wouldn't say, though, that online networking is as satisfactory as face-to-face. I think it has to do with the time I allot to each. When I'm online it's usually short a sweet. If you are face-to-face you need to go the whole way and not just write a quick sentence or 2. But online provides a bit of the random and face-to-face doesn't. Also there are SO many more online than in a conference hall (or grocery store queue or where ever...). And online is more of a needle in a haystack: you're lucky to catch it exactly right.
As I am writing this, I do feel isolated. It is too bad that there isn't more of a group discussion related to CPD23. I could go read some blogs and post my ideas. But, let's face it, I haven't the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment