Friday, 14 October 2011

Thing 20, 21, 22, 23 : getting started

Although these are great tips and useful bits of information, it is geared towards the novice or some one looking at a librarian career or just getting started. I've been doing it for some time and have been in management roles, so kinda know how to write my CV/resume and can reasonably bungle my way through an interview.

What would be useful is a Wiki or something where we can state the skills and abilities of librarians either generally or for specific role types. This page wouldn't just be for people like me who can't think up a good phrase themselves, but more for general public knowing what it means to be a librarian and why we are important (hey, advocacy, look at that). Especially in a Google age, where everyone thinks they can do it themselves (and often can), there needs to be a way of us letting people know why we are here, how we can be used, and why we are worth our time. Let me know if there's such a resource out there. I'd love to have a look through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment